MICRO BLOCK RECIPE
Use this recipe to make the 3/4″ Micro Blocks, such as THESE.
- 1 gallon peat (50/50 peatmoss/cocopeat or cocopith/fiber)
- ¼ cup colloidal phosphate (soft rock phosphate)
- ¼ cup glacial rock dust
- ¼ cup greensand
- 1 quart well decomposed compost
- Screen the peat to 1/8 to 1/4" prior to measuring.
- Mix together the peat, phosphate, glacial rock dust and greensand.
- Add the compost and mix together thoroughly.
- To make the blocks:
- Use about 1 cup of this mix with about 1/4-1/3 cup water to make each 20-block section.
- Let the mixture soak about a half hour prior to making the blocks.
- Place 1-2 seeds on top of each block.
- Sprinkle a small amount of dry mixture on top.
- Don't water these the first day unless necessary.
- Keep moist but not wet.